How To Decide Between Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Security Systems In Bend
You know you must protect your home. After all, it’sthe haven where your family lives and is where you store your possessions. But what type of home defense is ideal? Whether or not to get 24/7 monitoring is one of the leading choices you need to make. Examine the advantages and drawbacks of monitored vs. unmonitored security systems in Bend and get a better idea of what’s best for you.
Important Distinctions Between Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Home Security Systems
When you opt for 24/7 monitoring, your home’s protection bridges to a professional monitoring service that is ready to provide help at any moment. When a door sensor trips or a fire alarm goes off, your monitoring professionals get an instant notification. They quickly go to work to validate the alarm and dispatch the proper emergency services.
On the contrary, an unmonitored home defense doesn’t include a backup team. You could think of this option as self-monitored, meaning that if your alarm goes off, you need to act to remedy the situation. This possibility is the less expensive route, but it also puts all the responsibility on your shoulders.
Pros And Cons Of A Monitored Security System In Bend
Here’s a quick look at the advantages and drawbacks of a monitored security system.
Benefits Of Monitored Systems
- Heightened security: Having a backup at the ready is always wise. If you are on vacation, asleep, or without access to your phone, your residence and its inhabitants will still be protected.
- Speedier response times: Monitoring specialists are always standing by to help. They’ll respond more quickly to incidents than you can on your own.
- Insurance discounts: Monitored home security might make you eligible for a homeowners insurance price cut.
- Better equipment and flawless integration: When you receive equipment, monitoring, and installation from a reputable home security expert, you will enjoy a fully integrated system with sensors and alarms that may be superior to what you will come across independently.
Downsides Of A Monitored System
- Fee: You will have a monthly expenditure for monitoring.
- Typically required to use professional installation: Many individuals prefer to have work taken care of by experienced experts, but some DIYers might want to do it by themselves.
- Have to sign a contract: You will typically have to sign a contract when getting monitoring. This will be acceptable for most as home security is a benefit you will want long term.
Advantages And Drawbacks Of An Unmonitored Security System In Bend
Here’s a short rundown of the advantages and drawbacks of an unmonitored security system.
Benefits Of An Unmonitored System
- Affordability: You won’t incur a monitoring charge.
- Self-installation: Some may deem this to be a pro as they can do the installation themselves and circumvent an installation charge. Other people might wish to use a skilled technician.
- Greater Flexibility: You can incorporate devices when you desire - and from different manufacturers. However, you may find incorporating into a fully connected system a challenge.
- You’re always in charge: There won’t be an outside company monitoring your home’s defense. If a disaster unfolds, it’s up to you to get support.
Cons Of An Unmonitored System
- No support: What if you don’t have your phone and don’t get a security warning? This circumstance will lead to additional stress and decrease your peace of mind.
- Requires your total attention: Since you are the sole person in charge, you must never stray too far from your home security app.
- No help hooking up the system: If you want assistance during an install, you might have to pay for someone else. The installation process is also likely to take more time.
Defend Your Property With a Monitored Home Security System In Bend
Stay protected 24 hours a day with a monitored home security system in Bend from Secure24 Alarm Systems. We’re sure you’ll agree that a comprehensive, monitored home security system is the ideal option for your family. Call (541) 213-2340 today to customize your package.