Security cameras can easily be installed as a hindrance—a sign that informs criminals or intruders that “we know you’re there.” Or you can leverage your home security cameras to strengthen your home’s safety measures.
Fortunately, modern security cameras are equipped with an array of additions all designed to provide total protection for your residence. Whether it’s two-way audio and recording capabilities or infrared night vision and lightning-quick motion sensors, these additions enable you to have the most from home security cameras in Bend.
How To Set Up Your Bend Home Security Cameras For Top-Of-The-Line Protection
The first step to optimizing your home security cameras is mounting the components in the best places within your house. Interior security cameras need to be placed in frequented rooms such as the living room or den. It’s also a great idea to set a camera looking at main hallways, stairs, or other common areas intruders would have to enter through to get to the rest of your home. Outdoor security cameras ideally afford a clear sightline of your patio, driveway, front and backyard, garage, and other outdoor isolated buildings, like sheds. And you can easily get a view of your front door via a discreet doorbell camera.
There are areas around your house that are less vital to surveil such as bedrooms, bathrooms, and basements. Privacy for you and your family should be a chief regard prior to placing a camera in a bedroom.. Consider adding window or motion sensors if you desire a measure of security in bedrooms.
Features That Optimize Security Cameras
Camera location is only the first step in utilizing the most out of home security cameras in Bend. The innovations listed below help to optimize security and increase overall home security.
- Motion detection: Get instant messages on your mobile device the instant abnormal movement is sensed. You can also program cameras to automatically start recording when motions are discovered which helps increase camera recording time.
- Recording and storage: Program your security cameras to record and store clips to the cloud for easy playback later.
- Two-way audio: Nearly all of current security cameras have a built-in intercom and speaker so you can actually chat with anyone with the device. Via your mobile app, you can make it seem you’re inside the building or welcome your kids as they arrive home from school.
- Wide angle lens: Field of view is determined by how much a lens can see, and provides a more exhaustive look at an area. Opt for cameras that provide a minimum of 120-degree angle lens or that have the ability to pan in a wide arc for complete visibility.
- Dark vision: Ensure your security cameras have either infrared or LED sensors that will pick up video of pitch black movement.
- Activity zones: To make security alerts more specific, set up activity zones. For example, you can configure your exterior camera to notify you of activity taking place on your yard or your driveway and ignore cars passing or the sidewalk.
- App: security app, like ADT Control®, allow you to view live camera feeds, direct cameras, toggle on and off the system, and record events. Most importantly, the app should send instant notifications when the detect something unusual taking place around your home.
Get Your Video Surveillance Today
Achieving the most out of your security cameras in Bend is more simple. From lightning quick motion detection to two-way audio, your home security system can go from just a deterrent to an unbreakable defense. Call (541) 213-2340 or fill out the form below to start personalizing your home security and camera system today.