The latest residential security solutions are becoming increasingly more intelligent. With that being said, it’s still easy to fail to complete basic security tasks like activating your home security, closing the garage, or locking all your doors.
Would you like it if you no longer needed to concern yourself with these things in the future? When utilizing geofencing in Bend, you can simply leave the driveway and make your system secure your home for you.
What is Geofencing In Bend For Home Security Systems?
Geofencing creates a virtual border around your house, which you are able to customize within your smart security app. The technology then utilizes your phone to see when you go beyond the border and then triggers pre-programmed actions or notifications.
How Is Geofencing Possible?
Geofencing functions through z-wave, a home automation protocol that smart components take advantage of to communicate with one another. The technology aids your security system by putting all components onto a single network. You are then able to draw specific boundaries on all sides of your home and designate the specific actions you want to occur when you go past the prearranged border line.
For instance, shortly after you leave your property, you could program your security system to lock doors, lower the garage door, and turn on your alarm. Conversely, when you return to your house, geofencing will notify your system to disarm alarms, elevate the garage door, turn on lights, and even adjust your smart thermostat.
These are several of the technologies you will be able to manage with geofencing:
● Smart lighting and plugs
● Connected thermostats
● Surveillance and alarms
● Home electronics such as speakers or TVs
● Garage door sensors
Geofencing, Scheduling, And Scenes Are All Possible With Your Smartphone App
Geofencing is one of the many ways to use your home’s security system in Bend. With the security app, you have the ability to reap the benefits of home automation. Just tap a button, and you have the opportunity to:
● Set schedules: set your smart alarms and cameras to engage at the times of your choice. Have your lights start to lower to signal that it's time to turn in for the night, or deactivate your home’s alarm the first thing in the morning.
● Define how devices react to one another: Make certain devices engage in response to a triggered event. Have your thermostat switch on the exhaust fan when the CO detector goes off. Or illuminate your hallway lighting when your surveillance system senses strange movements outside.
● Customize scenes: Design custom room scenes with components that operate in unison. Make your smart bulbs lower, the temperature go down, and the locks activate when it's time for bed. Or customize a scene for a movie marathon with specific lighting and thermostat levels.
● Take advantage of geofencing: You may not always remember to enable your alarm system if you're running late for work. With geofencing technology and your mobile device, you don’t have to worry about forgetting to switch on the alarm and lower the garage door.
Get Started with Geofencing in Bend
Whether you’re looking for additional certainty of a fully secured property whenever you go to work or you would like to explore your home automation options, geofencing is a wise choice. Speak with a skilled member of our team today at (541) 213-2340 or complete the form on this page to start designing your optimal security system.