Helpful Tips For Using Home Security Lighting In Bend
Deterrence is a critical aspect of home security, and one of the best ways to keep prowlers away from your house is through the use of lights. A properly lit exterior not only looks terrific, it’s also much less likely to have break-ins. If you would like to improve your property’s protection, review these valuable suggestions for home security lighting in Bend. We have some ideas for exterior and interior illumination that can benefit your family.
Add Security And Appeal With Outdoor Lighting
The right type of exterior lighting and well-placed video cameras will work wonders in keeping intruders off your property. Try the following Bend outside lighting tips.
- Illuminate your entrances: Your front door and rear entrance are still the most likely locations for intrusions. Ensure those entries are covered but don’t ignore your garage. While bright motion-sensing floodlights are a preferred solution for this spot, it’s not the only option. As an alternative to blinding your neighbors every time wildlife scurries past, you can use less offensive lights that stay on all night. Make no mistake, intense, motion-detecting floodlights may frighten off unwanted guests, but having a properly positioned light that stays on has a greater likelihood of keeping them away from your property to begin with.
- Integrate multi-purpose task lights: Those enchanting lights along your paver walkway do more than help you see during the night. They also allow you to see certain spots of your property you might otherwise not be able to from the inside.
- Add style and security with accents: Not solely for aesthetic purposes, accent lights are an effective way to illuminate locations that might be utilized as hiding spots. You can place accents in garden beds outside first-floor windows, adjacent to retaining walls, or next to shrubbery and trees. These installations create a stunning effect while boosting your protection.
- Brighten your perimeter: A comprehensive approach should also consider the periphery of your yard. Brightening your fencing, gates, and outer limits of your property will help dissuade prowlers.
How To Elevate Safety With Interior Lighting in Bend
Home security lighting in Bend incorporates more than merely outside illumination. Your inside lights are critical in boosting security too. Smart bulbs that can be implemented into your home’s defense are valuable for a variety of reasons, including the following:
- Scheduling functionality: Keep your lights on a schedule and make it appear like people are present. This is a great deterrent and a wise approach whenever you’re gone.
- Access from wherever you are: If you take a family holiday but don’t remember to implement a schedule, you can still activate them through your useful smartphone app.
- Integration with other security sensors: If the motion sensor on your exterior camera goes off, you can have an inside light illuminate automatically. This capability is yet another way to deter trespassers.
Discourage Burglars Even More With A Home Defense Package In Bend From Secure24 Alarm Systems
Back up your well-illuminated property with the best in home security from Secure24 Alarm Systems. Our fully equipped home security systems in Bend let you control and automate all sorts of smart devices, including your lights. Reach out to (541) 213-2340 today to customize a package for your property.