Do Home Security Systems Work In Bend?
If you’re the same as most homeowners, you need your home to be protected at all times. but, will a home security system work in Bend?
The easy answer: you bet. But you need to have the most robust devices to benefit the most from home security. Not only do the sensors and alarms give excellent protection, the modern devices offer a level of convenience and management you may not have thought about previously. By using automation, surveillance, and remote access through a phone app, you can make a secure smart home.
Let's take a moment and explore why a home security system is the best plan for your home.
Essential Security Components
In order to make sure your Bend home security system works to the best of its ability, you’ll want these indispensable security features:
- Door and window sensors: You may find this unusual, but many intruders enter your house through the front door. The other most recurrent points of entry are backyard doors and lower-level windows. For these stats, door and window sensors are considered the foundation of your home security system. When the alarm is activated and your door or window sensors are tripped, the jarring, high-decibel alarm siren will sound and your 24-hour monitoring experts will be contacted.
- Touchscreen central hub: Gone are the hard-to-work number pads, as easy-to-use smart screens now run your security devices. These touch screens will also manage your smart home components, cameras, and monitoring.
- Mobile security app: The best security system let you control every segment of your house through a smartphone app. Now if an alarm or sensor senses something unusual, you have the option to get a pop-up alert to your smartphone. Also, disarm and arm your alarms remotely, schedule your smart locks, arise and lower the thermostat and more.
- ADT decals and yard signs: While there is no automation in a small, blue yard sign or a window sticker, these will forewarn a would-be burglar that your home is safeguarded.
Will A Security System Keep You More Safe In Bend?
While it may feel like an overreaction to install sensors and download a security app when you already use deadbolts and chose a nice neighborhood, studies say that a security system can still protect your house. For example, a paper from Rutger University says that many intruders will actively avoid homes with a security system installed. Instead they’ll go and target an easier home that looks poorly protected.
That meshes with stats from the National Council For Home Safety and Security. Their research states that most burglarized properties don’t have a home security system. With numbers, unprotected homes are 300% more likely to be broken into than homes that have an alarm system. And while just displaying that your house is protected helps prevent forceful entry, other components -- like smart locks and doorbell cameras -- can also boost your home security.
Of course, modern security systems can do much more than sound an alarm. Today you have some needed services that make a security system safer and energy efficient.
round-the-clock Monitoring Is A Priemer Backup To Your Alarms
Does a alarm system work in Bend when they don’t use round-the-clock monitoring? Relying on a constant vigilance is always the winning bet and 24-hour monitoring from trained professionals can make certain the police or fire come faster after a triggered device.
Monitoring professionals are there to watch your alarms no matter what time it is -- whether you are home or not. If you’re not on site to hear an alarm, they’ll get a hold of you and the proper emergency service after a tripped event occurs. Even if you’re still at home, you can make sure family and furry companions are accounted for and safe.
Use Similar Monitored Protection For Fire, Flood, and Emergency Medical Assistance
When you install your security system, you have the option to cover much more than intrusion prevention. devices like flood detectors, fire alarms, and carbon monoxide detectors can be connected to your complete set-up. If an environmental emergency is sensed, your sensors will act just like your home security alarms. Then when the high-decibel bell rings, your 24/7 monitoring team are notified, and a notification will come to your mobile device.
There’s even a panic button, which can be effortlessly connected to you or a loved one through a lanyard, wrist band, or a clothing clip. If there is a fall incident or a serious medical condition, they can just employ a two-finger button to notify emergency services.
Get Safety, Responsiveness And Energy Efficiency With Home Automation
Today’s automation components bring you a tier of management and convenience you’ve never had before. They can make your home more efficient and reactive. And when you link automation to your home security, they can also make your home that much safer. For example:
- Program your smart bulbs on a set schedule to make it feel like your home is inhabited when you’re gone.
- Have your hall smart bulbs turn on when your outdoor camera sees sudden motion.
- Use geolocation to bolt your smart locks, flip off your smart lights, and lower the smart thermostat when you leave for your day.
- Make customized scenes so you can pre-program your lights, temperature, sensors, and other equipment with one tap of a button.
- Or just check up all your components and control your alarms and cameras with your security app.
Add that to the energy you’ll save through smart devices, and you’ll realize how much you need a state-of-the-art home security in Bend. You can even control your system with vocal commands when you connect your home security system to your Echo or Google Home.
Keep A View On Your Property With Modern Security Cameras
Security signage and smart lights are effective intrusion deterrents, but video surveillance will take your security to a higher plane. The furthest thing a thief wants is to be caught on a video feed as the footage could be used against them in a criminal case. You can install indoor, outdoor, and doorbell cameras, all which allow you to see live feeds round-the-clock.
Do you want to see what’s the sound you heard in the yard? Would you like to check on the kids after school? Has a package you’ve been waiting for been delivered yet? All you need is to open the feed from your ADT Control app. You might also receive notifications on your phone whenever a guest approaches or your cameras sees abnormal motion. You can then speak with who’s there with the two-way talk feature on the camera.
How To Get Your Home Security In Bend?
Need help to create a home security system that works in Bend? Our ADT experts will custom-build the best alarms, home automation, and video surveillance that can be used into one comprehensive package. Call right now at (541) 213-2340 or fill out the form below.