Where are the most effective locations to place your home security cameras in Bend? Generally, you have three major regions of your residence for video surveillance: your principal entryway, your home’s exterior, and key interior rooms. Although your provider can suggest where to start, consider the following best practices on where to place your home security cameras at your home.
Don’t Forget To Defend Your Front Entryway
While you might find it unlikely that a criminal would try to simply stroll through your home’s main entryway, 34% of intrusions occur at this passageway. You also have porch pirates among other risks to think about. A video doorbell is ideal to tackle these possibilities with high-definition, wide-angle viewing.
Doorbell cameras are nice as you have the ability to speak with all guests who come and ring the bell. Through your security app, like ADT Control, you can respond to every ring with 2-way talk and real-time footage and give the impression you’re on site. Then if a person begins doing something nefarious, you are able to have your camera instantly capture footage and transmit it to your mobile phone with a text message.
Cover The Most Area With Your Exterior Surveillance System
Where to place home security cameras on the exterior of your home is often a difficult task. Luckily, there are a few beneficial recommendations to help ensure you’re defended properly.
- Cameras at the corners of your Bend home allow for a better sightline, as you can see two sections of your yard.
- Just below an overhang or into a piece of trim or siding are perfect spots for surveillance devices as they will be somewhat hidden by your home.
- On top of your garage, since the garage door is a more enticing access point for invaders than you’d think!
- Over a deck or rear door -- or any entrance not visible from the sidewalk.
In each of these spots, you should always trim away any brush and branches that may block your ability to see clearly.
Tips To Enjoy The Most From Your Indoor Cameras
You have quite a bit more flexibility on where to place home security cameras on the interior of your property in Bend. However, the added flexibility means you have additional aspects to contemplate:
- Beware of Sun Glare: Even though you should make sure your windows are secure, the natural light from a window may cause glare and affect your camera’s video feed. Direct your interior camera lens away from direct sunlight to circumvent this issue.
- Utilize Height: In the same fashion as a guard tower, a video camera located in a high place will provide a broader view. Consider putting your cameras above tall pieces of furniture or attached to the ceiling.
- Choose Unreachable and Secure Locations: Your surveillance system will lose its ability to safeguard your home if it’s damaged or destroyed. Install your security cameras in locations where little ones and house pets aren’t able to interact with them. Consider mounting or a different method of securing them to make sure they don’t crash to the ground if mistakenly jostled.
- Houseplants and Decor: The best surveillance system won’t help you much if you have a decorative item or plant in the way. However, decor or foliage also have the ability to conceal your recording devices. Just be careful they don’t keep the camera from doing its job!
Secure24 Alarm Systems Knows Where To Place Your Home Security Cameras
To ensure the proper installation of your home security cameras and other security equipment, turn to the professionals at Secure24 Alarm Systems. Let us customize the perfect system for your complete residence -- protecting every inch. Dial (541) 213-2340 or complete the following form to arrange a consultation.